ORP

ORP (Offline Raid Protection )  

32 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you want to see ORP on the servers

• Yes iam all for it
    • No Bad Idea
    • Unsure

Hey guys so its come to our attention that some people are not happy with Offline Raiding were as some people are and as its such a highly debated issue in discord we would like to get a general consensus of were people stand with this so here is the poll  

I understand this is a PVPVE sever, but getting raided with no way to defend yourself, especially large vs small companies is rough. Granted it's part of the game, to get raided and rebuild but it's frustrating. I think this is the number one reason people are looking into custom servers like this. They are tired of getting wiped etc. PVP can be fun, and we can have some epic ship battles etc, but building a galley and spending hours/days on it to log in and find it sunk, same with your base is causing lots to quit in my opinion. 

• Thumbs up 1

ORP can be abused to shit, i can buy atlas on a 2nd steam account, put my entire base on that toons company, and keep him offline and only log in with him every couple of days, then put pin codes on everything so my main company can still use the base.

Server is x6, with rules against more then 50% dmg done to a base. No point in ORP other then to abuse the shit out of it.

Also gold is ez to make even solo, so no excuses to not have ur base defended by npcs.

Edited by S33K3R
  • Like 1

Removing explosive barrels will remove almost all of the raiding/ base defending problems. ORP seems really anti pvp.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dknighter said:

Removing explosive barrels will remove almost all of the raiding/ base defending problems. ORP seems really anti pvp.

Fad is doing something about them you can be sure of that mate.

• Like 1

I have over 2k hours logged into Ark and have admin'd Ark servers that were well populated and active. ORP kills pvp servers, as raiders who raid or harass you will just combat log making them invulnerable to retaliation.

• Thumbs up 1

I just cant understand what the big deal is on a 6 times server. 

You can tame a level 40 bear easily, take it out on treasure hunts or get it to kill alphas for a day and its level 80 and strong. So tames are not really that big a deal, you could even donate to the server and get a set of tames for pretty cheap if you really wanted.

Not only is it 6 times easier to get everything here but there are constantly new servers opening up and plenty of space for new peeps to get the head start they need so they can make a strong base and have some sort of deterrent against opportunistic raiders. If a decent size group come prepared, even if you are ONLINE you are still going to lose everything if thats what they want to do. Your only option ORP or not is to build a well fortified base guarded by npcs.... If you are not doing this and doing other things before this then you are not playing the game properly and hence cannot really complain about people fucking you over.

Whats it going to be next "they raided me when I was on my own as 5 and I lost everything, its not fair".

Come on. It sucks to lose your stuff but its part of the game. Come back stronger next time or find people to ally with or to join if you cant make it as you are. Learn why they were able to get in to your base and at least cover that hole.

If admin remove barrels honestly imo there is no excuse for not fortifying your base properly any more and personally I think simple nerts to items or buffs to walls etc. is the way to go as a compromise between this and official.

I am sorry to say it but without the option to offline raid the threat and excitement is dulled and things can just get boring. 

• Like 3

@ tek its not removing them just  more of a balance of them i believe end of the day that can go to a poll if needs be :)

6 minutes ago, DonyBoi said:

@ tek its not removing them just  more of a balance of them i believe end of the day that can go to a poll if needs be 🙂

I thought I heard Fad saying he may even consider removing them. Either way I think this nerf could be a good compromise at least at first. No need to goo all in ORP if thats what a lot of people would like. Can just maybe try smaller indirect changes to help people survive off line initially and see how it goes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DonyBoi said:

@ tek its not removing them just  more of a balance of them i believe end of the day that can go to a poll if needs be 🙂

I believe everyone is for a Barrel Nerf, we are splitting hairs on making a call for ORP and I feel any decision without a overwhelming majority will leave a bad taste in peoples mouths on top of any cons that already come with the decision to use ORP.

3 minutes ago, Fatetaker said:

I believe everyone is for a Barrel Nerf, we are splitting hairs on making a call for ORP and I feel any decision without a overwhelming majority will leave a bad taste in peoples mouths on top of any cons that already come with the decision to use ORP.

ORP is not needed if ppl spend time making a solid base but ppl don't seem to want to do that. they just want to say how unfair it is. ORP is for PvE i believe. 

The biggest reason people want ORP is because barrels are too strong. I can't see how a nerf to them will even fix them. On a x6 server with the stack mod it's too easy to build hundreds of them. You can't just up the material cost because people will still make hundreds of them, even a 90% damage reduction still makes them overpowered because of the way they can be used. In my opinion they need to be completely removed from the game, this massively encourages actual pvp and strategy when it comes to defending and attacking.

I think people crying about offline raiding are playing the wrong type of game, idk..maybe World of Warships would be a better option lol

lol well everyone is allowed ther views on this thats why we made this post for to see what kinda of views people had with the orp